Are you ready to bring your unique leadership approach to the biggest environmental challenges we face?
Now is the time to step up.
Leadership in Australia has failed to respond to our environmental and climate crises. We will not get out of these crises by relying on the same leadership that got us into them – outdated leadership that has enabled environmental destruction, gross inequality and marginalisation of diverse voices.
You are part of the solution.
Image description: 2021 National Leadership Program participants. Photo: Ula Majewski
What is the National Leadership Program?
This program addresses how women’s leadership can transform our response to our environmental and climate crises. We empower women and gender diverse people to identify their own approach to leadership, and to recognise and step into their power to influence.
Due to the overwhelming number of applications we received last year, we’ve decided to offer TWO WELA National Leadership Programs in 2024! Both are open to applicants from across Australia.
– Wanting to identify and deepen your own style of leadership
– Facing barriers in creating change – these barriers are as diverse as the women who do our programs, including personal, organisational, family, cultural and systemic
– Overwhelmed with the state of our environment and inadequacy of the leadership styles and solutions to date
– Looking for a community of supportive, diverse women to champion a better future alongside
– Working for and committed to our environment (paid or unpaid)
Then you’re in the right place.
The WELA National Leadership Program is transformational for women and gender diverse people who want to accelerate positive change for our environment and climate.
“This is a decade where we need to upskill ourselves, be connected together and collaborate to achieve and address the key challenges of our time, and the program helps us by skilling us up, connecting us and really being alive to the contribution that we as women are uniquely placed to make for this particular decade and beyond.”
WELA’s National Leadership Program has successfully supported the leadership, career development and influence of over 140 women and gender diverse changemakers since 2016.
– There will two WELA National Leadership Programs running in 2024. The two programs will feature the same content and format across a 7-month learning period. The only differences will be the dates they are running and the retreat locations – with one program based in Victoria and the other one in NSW.
– Program One will be running from February to – August 2024, and Program Two will be running from June to- December 2024 with full dates and times of your commitment found on the program page.
– 20-25 women and gender diverse people actively working for our environment from diverse locations, communities and backgrounds (paid or volunteer capacity) will be selected for each program.
– Each program will be made up of 12 online sessions and two face-to-face retreats.
– Applications close at 9am, Monday 20 November, 2023 at 9am AEDT.
Come along to our online information sessions.
Wednesday, 4 October, 2023 at 8pm AEDT. Register now.
Wednesday, 8 November, 2023 at 1pm AEDT. Register now.
Check out all the information on our program page including retreat dates, program fees and scholarship information, testimonials from previous participants, and the application form.